I attended the Signature Luncheon this past week in and the topic was “Kick-Start Your Business, and Job Search Using LinkedIn”. For me, as I was listening to Wayne Breitbarth speak, I was writing down notes of all the things I am NOT doing to utilize this free marketing tool to its fullest capability. I am not even close.
Breitbarth is a businessman. He doesn’t work for LinkedIn. Therefore, there is no skin in the game for him to be talking about LinkedIn. He is just a who is trying to generate business using the tools that technology has to offer. We all should be doing the same.
Here are some highlights of things we should know about LinkedIn. I found this helpful to me.
- Key number to remember for a great start with LinkedIn—100 (that’s 100 connections and 100% profile complete)
- A 100% completed profile is 40 times more effective
- Very important—your 2nd level connections (ask your 1st level connections to make introductions to your 2nd level connections)
- One million new LinkedIn members every week
- Utilize the feature
- Save your useful searches
- Some relevance points in LinkedIn—your profile, utilization of keywords, recommendations
- Your profile—1.) Is about being found, 2.) Use keyword and tell your story, 3.) Is a personal branding tool
- Company pages—1.) You should have a page, 2.) Use keywords, 3.) List your products and services, 4.) Include a company video, 5.) Use full analytics on the company page, 6.) Post from your company page
I was interested in this seminar because I knew there would be many things I did not know about LinkedIn and there would also be many things I have not been doing but should be doing. I have begun the start of revising my account and working on my LinkedIn strategy.
I am determined to utilize free tools available to me that put my company on a more as those large corporations with big budgets. That’s what LinkedIn is!
Wayne’s book, The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success, may be of interest, if you are a LinkedIn novice.
Have to go now…time to connect with some marketing professionals.
Please contact Anna Brice at Pinnacle Peak Marketing, Scottsdale AZ about Marketing for Small/Medium Business.