I came across this video from the OPEN Forum Newsletter by American Express. In my opinion, as time goes on, blogging and content creation will be more important than ever in your overall marketing plan for several reasons.
By blogging you will…
- Increase your brand awareness.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- Help your efforts in search–be found online.
- Continue to communicate with people (and potential customers) who are interested in your subject of discussion.
- Create interest in your field and/or in your product.
- Keep people (and potential customers) interested with new content continuously.
- Bring people (and potential customers) back to your website.
- Build trust with your audience.
Today, marketing plans must include blogging. This allows you to consistently communicate with an audience who is interested in what you have to say. Marketing is now a very communicative, two-way exchange of information and blogging is an important method in this exchange. It’s the way smart businesses engage in marketing today, recognizing the fact that times and the way we do things have changed.
Watch the video:
This is great advice for all businesses, particularly small businesses with limited budgets. Blogging is a cost-effective marketing method and can easily complement other marketing activities you have in your marketing plan.